Written by: Romeo Man
Designed by: Daian Man and Agata Maziarz
Edited by: Claire Edgley
Here is the audio version of the introduction.
Now, B2B lead nurturing, is not a short-term shot and it will be changing a lot in 2017. We’ll be talking about a few simple techniques and how-tos, while at the same time diving deep into the WHYs so that you don’t leave our guide with more questions than you came with.
You’ll find a few how-to videos, and we’ll also share other reference e-books, courses, and guides.
The key points you’ll learn about:
- We’ll go over all of the digital marketing trends for 2017 in detail, and we’ll explain how to take advantage of them.
- We’ll teach you how to do competitor analysis and market research the right way. Many people skip this part because they don’t know where to start. We’ll make sure that we show you all of the free and paid tools so that you can get the best insights from your market.
- Social Media and especially LinkedIn prospecting is key for B2B. We’ll show you how we do it and how to outreach to your audience.
- Content is key for successful B2B lead gen & lead nurturing, and relevant quality content will help you to become an authority in your niche. We’ll show you how to write and create the right content for your audience.
- Quality content is not enough; we need to continually make it relevant for our audience. We’ll show you the importance of conversion rate optimisation and how you should get started.
- Email Marketing is not enough. You’ll be able to free up your time with marketing automation, leaving you to focus on creating better products and services for your audience. We’ll teach you a few automation hacks so that you can nurture and attract even more customers.
With that in mind, let’s dive in and see how you can prepare your business in order to master B2B lead nurturing best practices for it in 2017.
Through the strategies you’ll learn here, the best case scenario is that you’ll become a marketer that converts your audience into paying customers.
Why Is This Guide So Long?
We touch on topics that are all part of a continuous marketing effort to attract, engage, and convert customers.
Lead gen and lead nurturing is not just marketing automation, content marketing, prospecting, or email outreaching. It is a combination of all of these elements.
While there are many strategies and articles written about them, we looked at the trends for 2017 first, and based on this we apply the best techniques for growing B2B leads.
What Industry Is This Guide For?
Our main expertise at MAN Digital is in SaaS and IT. So we have created this guide with this sector in mind. But it can also apply to any other type of online business in the B2B space.
Why Don’t We Include A Case Study?
While this may be relevant, it would make the guide even longer than it already is.
So I’ll focus on giving more than one example and try to keep it as focused as possible, giving you not just cases studies but researched studies and briefs too.
I decided to focus on the bigger picture and leave the case study to a different blog post.
What Is Nurturing, Lead Nurturing, And Customer Nurturing?
Before we start, I want to make sure that we are on the same page with some terminology. This is not new terminology, but we want to make sure that you have an understanding of the vocabulary we’ll be using so that it provides more clarity for the marketing, sales, and customer service departments of your business.
Nurturing (as a marketing term) is a process of continual communication with a company’s target audience across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
Lead nurturing is, therefore, a process of continual communication (or interaction) with a prospect that improves a company’s chances of converting that prospect into a customer at some point in the future.
Customer nurturing (or Customer Success). This part of the process refers to the communication that happens after someone becomes a ‘Customer’, in order to move them along to the ‘Loyal Customer’ stage.
Campaign Nurturing = Lead Nurturing + Customer Nurturing
When we use or hear the term nurturing, everyone in your organisation should understand that we are talking about communication with customers and prospects across all stages of the customer lifecycle.
What do we need to achieve lead generation best practices?
We live in a technology-centric world. We have the technology to collect a lot of data from various platforms. And yes indeed customer data is one of the most significant assets for marketers. The data itself will not help. What makes an impact is how we analyse the data and build meaningful relationships to drive revenue.
“Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.”
Sames as Michelangelo one said, data (the stone from Michelangelo’s quote) has the hidden loyal customers, we just need to nurture the right lead.
For this. We need:
- Know the digital marketing trends for 2017 ( Learn more in Chapter 1: B2B Digital Marketing Trends For 2017)
- To understand our persona and the market. ( Learn more in Chapter 2: How To Do Market And Competitor Analysis For Your B2B Business )
- Prospect the right leads and reach out to them (Learn more in Chapter 3: How To Generate and Outreach To More Leads)
- Build, quality, relevant and constant content for your audiences ( Learn More in Chapter 4: How To Build And Convert Leads With Quality Content )
- Build a conversion machine from your website ( Learn more in Chapter 5: Conversion Rate Optimisation For B2B )
- Segment, automate and nurture the right leads (Learn more in Chapter 6: How To Automate 80% Of Your Marketing Tasks So You Can Focus On Growing Your Business)
To plan robust lead nurturing and generation strategies marketers need to understand their data, know how to segment it so that they can predict behaviour patterns of their prospects.
When all this data becomes more accurate and complete across the customer lifecycle it becomes very useful for the whole nurturing campaign and offers a very holistic view of your leads and clients database. This holistic view will help you craft better products and services and pitch your leads at the right time with the right solution. That is what we call lead nurturing best practices and this is what you’ll learn in this guide.
Go to the chapter one.